- Gluing solid wood parts
- Manufacture of joinery boards and furniture boards
- Mounting and frame bonding
- For gluing dowels and dowels
- Gluing of chipboard and plywood board with CPL and CPL
- Gluing edges made of veneer, solid wood or HPL in stationary presses both with and without heating
- Medium viscosity
- Short setting time
- Filling voids
- Forms a rigid elastic adhesive seam
- Processed adhesive seam
- High bonding strength of solid wood and furniture parts
- High moisture resistance, conforms to Class D2 according to EN 204
- High water resistance when adding the hardener AQUENCE CATALYST R 397 corresponds to class D3 according to EN 204
- Film formation temperature, °C ~+3(MFFT)
- DIN 53787
- Viscosity, according to Brookfield , MPa *s - 9 500-14 500
- ISO 2555
- pH - 4,5-6(20 °C)ISO 976
Open time (HPL on chipboard):
Consumption 100 g/m2, min. ~7
Consumption 200 g/m2, min. ~12
Pressing time (about. 0.5 N/mm2, at 20°C) Glued materials (chipboard and HPL):
Consumption 100 g/m2, min. ≥7
Butt bonding (beech/beech) :
Consumption 150 g/m2, min. ≥13
Frame bonding:Consumption 150 g/m2, min. ≥8
Edging with a heating tire at 120 ° C exposure time about 2 min. For AQUENCE WL 041/1 with AQUENCE CATALYST R 397 hardener: the water resistance of adhesive joints increases as necessary by increasing the proportion
These data are valid for wood with a humidity of 8-12%, the temperature of the material and the room is not lower than 20 ° C, the relative humidity of 65% and a pressure of 0.5 N/mm2. The actual open time and pressing time will depend on the operating conditions, such as temperature, humidity and density of wood, surface properties, stresses in the material, the amount of glue applied, etc. The glue is delivered ready for use. If necessary, dilution is possible by adding up to 3% water. The working temperature of the adhesive and the processed parts must be at least + 10 °C. Before gluing, make sure that the surfaces to be glued are clean. The fit tolerance of the parts increases the setting time and reduces the strength of the joint.
AQUENCE dispersions by themselves do not cause a change in the color of the wood. However, in contact with metals, caking may occur due to reaction with tannic acids (especially oak). For this glue, one-sided application is sufficient. However, when gluing hard and hard-to-glue wood, double-sided application is recommended to increase the reliability of gluing. In this case, the open time increases.
AQUENCE WL 041/1 with the addition of 1% hardener AQUENCE CATALYST R 397 corresponds to Class D3 according to EN 204
The glue and hardener must be well mixed, the finished mixture must be used within 7 hours. The setting time and pressing time for the glue/hardener mixture depends on the amount of hardener, andis 2-3 minutes longer than the corresponding parameters of AQUENCE WL 041/1 without hardener.
Cleaning of glue-bearing equipment from uncured glue residues can be carried out with cold or warm water. Solidified residues are removed mechanically.
Store in the original tightly sealed packaging in a cool, dry place, protect from freezing. Mix before use.Shelf life up to 12 months.